Sunday, October 23, 2011

5 days by myself

So Heather ditched me for 5 days to go to Disneyland with some friends. Lucky girl! However, I'll be ditching her for 5 days when I go to Boston in a couple weeks! hehe! Anyway, I survived! I was able to find things to keep me busy during the evenings and the weekend, like decorating Halloween sugar cookies with my Relief Soceity on Wed, doing a session at the temple with Amber on Thurs, dinner and a movie with friends on Friday and Stake Conference stuff over the weekend.

Stake Conference weekend was amaaazing. Saturday morning we had our Stake Service Activity called the Widow's Mite. We meet early at the institute to have breakfast. Before we left, the Stake President had us kneel down and pray. Amanda and Sarah were in my group. The first widow we helped was Amanda's grandma! :) We washed her windows and blinds and then visited with her. She was soo grateful! The next widow didn't have anything for us to do so we just visited with her for an hour and left her with a word of prayer. We loved visiting Thelma and we might go see her again! She gave each of us a hug and kiss when we left. It would be a good idea for our stake do this service every October! That evening we had our stake conference. The speakers were awesome and I left with a stronger testimony. They even had a video presentation of the service activity. This morning was our regional stake conference at the Conference Center downtown and we got to hear Elder Bednar speak. I always love hearing from an apostle!

1 comment: